The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1576 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/07/14
You've enjoyed putting this together almost as much as I enjoyed reading it. Very clever work, though in a minor glitch in your third verse, you use "Their" and "They" for the bookends as well as for the new books - which makes for a slight confusion. Otherwise, terrific stuff.
02/07/14
Very entertaining and visual! You really brought those elephant bookends, and the books they held up, to life in this!
02/08/14
A most enjoyable read and very well-written, with humor. Well done!
Very entertaining. Excellent meter.
02/08/14
Certainly on topic and very entertaining. Hope your son doesn't read it! Ha!
02/08/14
Great meter and a fun read.
02/10/14
Personified books...I have two bookends that would give your beleaguered books the VIP treatment. :-). Our minds ran together on this one. Lots of great lines that tantalize the imagination. Tiny bit of red ink...The verb tense is consistent throughout, except for "found" in the last stanza.











02/10/14
I enjoyed reading this! I have a shelf at home without bookends and can relate to your last verse! The lines "They hope to find the middle ground / Far from the danger to be found" are excellent as that is so true in many walks of life, so one can relate to these new editions wanting to avoid danger!
I chuckled through this poem! How adorable and witty! I loved it! Sounds like a winner to me.
Hi there,
Lovely read.
I am sure the fact that are a a gift from your son makes them all the more special.
Very visual.
Love
Norms xxx
02/13/14
Colin, so happy for you! Perseverance counts. Congratulations!!
02/13/14
Congratulations Colin. A cute and clever poem. I loved it!
02/13/14
Great job. Congrats.
02/13/14
Congratulations Colin! So glad to see this a winner, loved it!
02/13/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
Congratulations!! This is so creative!!
02/17/14
You painted a delightful picture with your clever poem. Congratualtions!