The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1324 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/18/09
A funny piece. I laughed throughout. Good work.
09/19/09
This was fun, light-hearted and enjoyable to read. Loved the patient way your MC described this facility and am glad they chose not to stay.
This was fun. Loved the descriptions of activities. And the MC's voice was perfect.
09/20/09
I loved how your story unfolded. This made me laugh, "although his knees sounded like breakfast cereal with all that snapping, crackling and popping." I would love to meet your Millicient and extend my sympathies personally to her on her loss of Fluffy. :)
I giggled all the way through this delightful piece--that's when I wasn't holding my sides laughing. This is "rich"!
This is so cute! My mother was in a retirement center for many years and now my two oldest sisters are in one. I've visited them enough to know the activities director spends all day thinking of new things to keep the residents busy and some of them are so off the wall! You nailed this one and it was such a delightful read, showing off again your wonderful writing skills! Kudos!
09/23/09
Oh, so funny! Your humorous pieces are top-notch, and this is one of your best.
09/23/09
Totally giggle-worthy! Man, I hope I can have that kind of fun with my hubby when we're retired (but I probably wouldn't even have lasted that long - yawn) Your sense of humour is bang-on and oh so entertaining.
09/23/09
Delightfully funny!
09/23/09
This was a funny and enjoyable piece.
I absolutely love and enjoy your stories so much my friend. This was a hoot to read and made me chuckle all the way through it. Well done my friend!
09/24/09
What a riot! I could see the whole thing unfolding...
Delightful!