The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1071 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/20/09
This is a good reminder of days gone by. Very good descriptions of the days before war and then how hard it was during it. I like your ending. Very good.
08/21/09
This touching story felt genuine,and was a ggod read.It dealt with the topic in a way that did not feel forced. My favorite so far.
This was a wonderful story--one of my favorites this week.
08/22/09
I enjoyed reading this well crafted story. Strong sense of place, I could see the MC and feel her cold. Brrrr. :-) yeggy
08/24/09
Your gentle writing skill just captured me in this story. It was as though I was reading a letter written to me by someone I knew...I was there and understood each emotion well.
Just love it. Exceptional story telling.
Mona
08/24/09
Wow, Carol--you told so much story here! I felt as if I knew this couple. The ending was perfect and so heartwarming. Beautiful!
08/24/09
I love your writing this is the best I've enjoyed this week. Thanks!
Wonderful writing and presentation of the emotions of your MC. I loved the little extra touches such as dancing to the "Glenn Miller" band. Very well done!!!
This pulled me right in--I felt like I was invading someone's privacy or reading their mail. Really well done.
08/24/09
I love your MC's about-face. Your descriptions are beautiful in this wonderfully romantic story.
What a beautiful entry! And your hint was on target, too.
This was so well written, I find I'm green with envy! Kudos!!
08/25/09
I was totally drawn into your writing. I admire your talent!
08/25/09
What a tender and romantic story of young love and what the men and women endured during this war torn time. Great writing--I, too, was right there in that cold room as your MC read and savored every word of that dear letter. Pass the kleenex.
08/27/09
What a creative angle on the topic.

A wonderful piece of writing. I enjoyed it very much!