The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1483 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good testimony! (I always wondered why the servers at McDonald's never pack in a few extra fries in return for my huge grin and lolling tongue!) I like the way you wrote this piece as a cute story, then drew the final lesson from a play on words--very clever! Your opening sentence would do well without the "But"--it's misleading to the reader, who expects something ahead of the "but" so they know what you're "butting!" Just a nitpick. This is well done!
06/19/06
Great, great story - compelling to read, humorous again and again, and cleverly thought provoking. You are clearly a master story teller.
06/21/06
Great humour here. I like the way you incorporated it with your biblical outlook. No wonder you enjoyed your job so much.
06/21/06
As a college student working at Micky D's all of those descriptions are true to life. Thank you so much for the encouragement.
06/21/06
I love it! An awesome testimony to the power of prayer! Great story that was crafted masterfully! It would be wonderful if after the years have passed to get this story into the hands of at least one who was in that group of prayer warriors. It would be such a wonderful encouragement to them. Again, I love it! :)
06/21/06
Great story, well told, the touch of humor made it believeable and easy to read. Write on brother, I enjoy yer stuff.
06/21/06
Delightful humor, great message, enjoyable read!
Dave, you brought me back to when I was 14...oh the memories.

Trina<><
This was a fun story to read, but packed a punch. Loved it.
06/22/06
Dave, your "abundant humor" is woven through this story with strong, solid, fast-paced, kept-me-hooked writing.
07/03/06
This is a delightful way to get your message across. I liked how the narrator wove his testimony in and out of his "reassignments," which served to keep pulling the reader along for more. That "Old Testament whirlwind" was a particularly bright touch.

I enjoy your writing, David, and want to thank you for your comments on my entries, as well!