The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1371 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/18/06
I liked this very much. Very touching. Good job!
05/19/06
What a captivating story. It is very well written and took great creativity to come up with such a moving story. Such artistic people here at FW...it's like a candy store for Readers. Nice job!
05/19/06
What I liked best about this is that it was fresh, which kept it interesting. Nice story.
05/19/06
Beautifully unique. an interesting and pertinent social comment too.
05/22/06
A beautiful piece! The eyes of money see the world through green bills and we do not remember our hearts. So poignant. So true.
05/23/06
This is a beautifully done allegory--thanks so much for submitting it!
Very unique story, for sure. One quick thing..."on there own" should be "on their own". :-) Some white spaces between paragraphs and dialogue would also help the reader out a bit. The concept of tears in the bottle seems so powerful - I'm actually blown away that you could think this up!! Good job.
05/25/06
Very creative. What a unique storyline. Congrats on your deserved win!
Great story, Rod, and a worthy win. Your creative mind is to be congratulated as well. I will look forward to reading more of your work and seeing you rise on the winner's list.
Rod, congratulations! I'm sorry that my first glance at this was a late-night 'skim.' I didn't give it the thoughtful read it deserved. "Welcome to the land of the loving"--wonderful ending to a tender and wonderfully creative allegory! You're on your way up!
What a great story. I really enjoyed reading it. Congratulations on your win!
05/31/06
Oh my! This is exquisite. And, if I hadn't discovered your name, commenting on one of my poems [thank you so very much], I might have missed this. I can just see this illustrated as a storybook for parents to read to children. Such a beautiful way to instruct a little one in the sweet mystery of life! This goes in my "favorites!" Thank you. (Now, I'll have to read more of your writing!)