The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1853 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/06
Yikes! Good story. Poor fellow.

Didnt know Mt.Charleston had such caves. After writing this story don't expect me to accept an invitation to go caving with you!

03/16/06
Oooh ... creepy! An interesting plot ... good descriptions ... a neat ending ... but yikes!
Oh my goodness. This was so...I don't know if words can express what I think about this. Both horrifying, yet great. Interesting.
03/16/06
Maaaan, this one really stinks!

Just kidding, friend. I just don't think you get enough negative feedback and I wanted to compensate.

Great as usual!
03/16/06
Cool story - possibly one of your best!
03/16/06
Poefic rendition! : - )
03/16/06
Good job--it is much like the story by Poe and I like it!

03/16/06
What delicious characters! "The Cask of (Something-I-Can't-Spell)" indeed! Another top-notch story!
03/17/06
Boy Maxx - yours is a lot different than mine this week.

And would someone please give me a synopsis on the board? It reads like the MC planned and committed murder and that's kind of cringy to me. (even though they tried to go back - knowing the guy wouldn't)

I was spellbound and held captive not knowing where this was going. Superbly cringy and compelling!

But wait a minute ... was the MC Satan, luring the self righteous, greedy, hollow character to a place he knew the guy couldn't resist - gave him a chance to turn back - ... and then ... well ... I lose it at the chain.

If someone wants to PM me that's okay but there might be others who haven't read Poe's story too.



03/17/06
Dare I say it, afer last week's comments? Purrrfect. Pride really does come before a fall. :-)Or am I treating this one too lightly, mmm have to think about that.
Intense and vivid. Just an awesome story.
03/17/06
Had to be yours Maxx. Chilling and brilliant - of course
03/17/06
Strange, I didn't recognize the author....but the story was great!
I did wonder about the setting, though...would there be hieroglyphs in that location?
Here's a dark story...without the horror! Very well-written!
03/17/06
Nice story! An interesting read.
03/19/06
Compelling and vivid. What an end for this cheat. Very creative.
me, being the dense that i am, missed the connection with the Poe story until the very end. So after I got over my horror and realized what was happening and what was going to happen, I gave my applause. Kenn said it was one of your best. I agree in your top 5 for sure. This was written as an expect. Polished to a "t." I actually think I like your story better than the orginal. How did you get this idea?The characters were incredible. very well written. Masterful as always.