The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1532 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/12/05
Very funny and enjoyable. The accent was great.
Very funny. Great dialect.
Awesome dialect! I wanted the jabber to continue to the end...and sort of blipped those last two paragraphs as a result. :-)

Great character portrayal with a teeny bit of focus on one tree.....

:-D
12/14/05
ROFL - this is EXCELLENT! I doubt Psalm 1 will ever be quite the same for me again.... (Giggling still as I type)
12/15/05
Wonderful!!!! Humorous, and with a message to boot. And really, your statement about "stealing the treasure of those who think it important to hide it" is very deep.

I couldn't find "vexom" anywhere...but it may be because I couldn't find me pirates' dictionary, arrrrrgh.
12/15/05
This is so funny! I loved it. Very well written too!
12/16/05
Laughed aloud at the Dental Advertisement per se; and what happened to Petre's accent in the question: "A Swiss army knife with a tree saw attacment?" (couldn't help but notice the perfect diction). This is indeed a funny, witty and brilliant take on "trees". Kudos!
This 'eres be the bes' laf' I 'ad allweek, matey, a tale worthy of Long Jon 'isself...
Not a black spot to be seen, aaargh, the moral oh this yarn, clearas the bowsprit on a galleon, to be sure...always carry a Swiss army pocket knife with tree saw attachment...ahhhhahaha clever matey, veeeery clever!
12/17/05
Too many funny spots to mention and a laughing matter all the way. What a talented refreshing delight!

And sometimes a treasure muliplies in Eternity's measure when put in the Hands of God huh?

Love,
Pat
12/17/05
Footnote: I guess I shouldn't say 'sometimes,'...I should say,

'A treasure always multiplies in Eternity's measure, when placed in the hands of God.'
12/19/05
Loved the title! Some very funny moments. (Watch out, though, 'Ye might just yerself' appears to have a word missing and Petre is also spelt Petra.) Yeggy