The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1168 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/09/15
Grandpa got it, for sure. You did a good job of expressing the grandson's raw emotion and then contrasting it with Grandpa's peace.
04/14/15
Beautiful story that touched my heart. You've brought the topic to life in a grand and inspirational way.

This powerful story had an authentic tone, if so...you had a really specail grandfather who sure is walking with the angels in God's presence.

I loved this piece. I hope it gets a nod from the judges.

God bless~
04/14/15
Correction:

Beautiful story that touched my heart. You've brought the topic to life in a grand and inspirational way.

This powerful story had an authentic tone, if so...you had a really special grandfather who surely is walking with the angels in God's presence.

I loved this piece. I hope it gets a nod from the judges.

God bless~
This is beautiful. You really captured the essence of this topic. I think it is so beautiful and one of my favorite stories I've ever read.
04/16/15
I like the honesty of this piece. My favorite line is, “A Bible that’s fallin’ apart is owned by folks who aren’t.” I can relate to it because I've worn out several Bibles since being baptized 31 years ago. Thank you, God. Good job, and best of luck in the Challenge!
04/16/15
Doug,

I thought this was the "best of the best" and glad it made an EC! Wonderful, beautiful, loving and warm. And, basically...just really great writing without "fancy oversized wording."

I loved it.

Congratulations.

God bless you~