The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 892 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is a great story. I really liked how the MC backed up his co-worker. What a lovely message about having faith in others.

I was a tad confused about the lady in the beginning. Eventually I realized she was talking about him returning the money. However, in my opinion it might have flowed better if you mentioned it earlier.

I love the idea of painting the three strands on the taxi. It is so important to immerse God in every part of our lives. You did a wonderful job of writing on a difficult topic.
04/20/12
Wow - good story!

I really liked it...good dialogue and most important of all - great message of faith and how crucial it is to incorporate it into our lives...always.

God Bless~
04/20/12
Good story that was enjoyable to read. I liked the tie in to the topic from the MC's cab decal and that one of the three strands for him was "truth." This taught so many lessons. Very nicely done!
04/21/12
Great message and good dialogue. I loved how Tom stood up for Clive. We all need a friend in our corner sometimes. Good job! God bless.
04/21/12
Thanks for this article's example to us all. It is so important to live our faith before others, both in supporting the one in difficult straits, as well as being willing to put our own reputation on the line for him. Very touching. I had to go back to read about the lady when I finished, though, as it was not clear to me how she fit in. Maybe you could lead with the newspaper article info? Anyway, it was a good expressive dialogue and a well-done piece.
04/22/12
I love this story. I love how everyone was making a big deal out of simple act of honesty displayed by Tom - except for Tom.

Tom's reputation as an honest man is what made him the one person Clive needed to testify on his behalf and while Clive may have been led there out of desperation or selfishness, Tom's act of support was purely Christ-like. There are so few examples of people humbly living out their life for God...I appreciate you breathing life into this one. Great dialoge, too, by the way.
04/23/12
The willingness to trust and give a person a second chance makes a whole lot of difference in leading one back to the Lord. Your story illustrates this point very well. Good job on a well written piece!