The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 950 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/23/12
This is a very good story.
02/23/12
Excellent story. I loved the meaning in this entry, and how certain the Lord was that His child would respond in a positive way.

I particularly enjoyed the patience of God, giving gentle reminders of His love and fortitude.

Beautifully written.

God Bless~
I enjoyed this. I could easily picture God rooting for us, believing in us when we don't believe in ourselves.

The only red ink I have is don't capitalize Mom or Dad if you have a qualifier in front of it like my, the, your, etc.

I liked this take on the topic. I think many people will be able to relate to this lovely piece.
02/25/12
Aw, what a touching story. How true that part about God's patience. I have certainly felt it demonstrated on my behalf - many, many times.
02/27/12
Woot! Yes, she said it! I'm so glad, and by the way, the suspense was nicely played out. So easily, I could have inserted my name in place of Patti's, for certain times in my life, and so I easily related to this piece.

I love the thought of God and his angels eagerly awaiting out call.

One note regarding the phrase, 'thought to herself' -- 'to herself' is redundant, and even though the phrase flows nicely in the song It's a Beautiful World, editors, and those like them, prefer 'thought'. (But what I'd really like to know is: was that period of mine supposed to go before or after the apostrophe?)
02/29/12
Excellent story, well written and one I thoroughly enjoyed! God bless!
Congratulations for ranking 7th in level 3!