The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2410 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/24/05
Wow! That was an awesome poem and prayer. I liked the play on words.
10/24/05
This was great - a true example of what maturity in Christ looks like.
10/24/05
a beautiful soul cry.
thank you for sharing.
Beautiful anointed poetry with such creative style!

In Christ,Dee
"Numbers 6:24,25,26"
10/24/05
Excellent, compelling, good play on words, use of imagery with deep divine insight.
Well done.
Fenny
10/24/05
The unbalanced stanzas make the poem difficult, the message is clear, but the pacing and measures hurt the overall standard. This is written more like a lyric to be sung rather than a poem to be read. Generally, the message overrides much of this. Thanks for posting.
10/25/05
This is a beautiful poem ... think me uppity if you will, but from a published writer's point of view, I consider it a waste to post your excellent work here ... LOL That's why I'm so reluctant to enter ... Once it appears online it has technically been published once before ... Anway, I encourage you to submit this poem for "reprint" to a Christian journal that takes poetry and pays for it.

It's beautifu.
10/25/05
PS ... the pacing and line breaks can easily be changed to correct some of the unbalance. play around with it. :)
I don't know about the balanced or unbalanced stanzas, but I do know I loved this. It reminded me of reading a Psalm. Beautiful entry and who knows, maybe it will be published - in Editors' Choice!
10/26/05
This is a great take on the topic and a beautiful poem as well! I wouldn't consider it a waste to post here since you are obviously blessing so many people. Keep up the great work!
Another to encourage you.
Your title caught me your poetry did not disappoint. Inspired linking and use of homonyms. Your honest point of view about a sometimes tough journey is very comforting.
If you are who I think you are, I'm thrilled to see such a gifted poet in the challenge! Wow.
Beautifully done! Rein, rein, rain--great use of sound alikes and I really like the way you built upon their meanings. I enjoyed reading this.
10/27/05
A deeply honest look in the mirror. An owning up to true feelings that we more often want hidden. Real. I really enjoyed this.
10/27/05
Just beautiful! I love playing with words too, and really enjoy what you've done. The content is brilliant too. Great writing!
10/27/05
This poem takes one by the shoulders, gently turns toward the cross and whispers, repent, the Kingdom of heaven is at hand. I loved it. All I can say is, "wow"
10/27/05
A truly inspired poem! Terrific job!
10/27/05
Well, I'm no expert on free verse, but I certainly loved this! A very poignant message with beautifully chosen words. Well done!
10/28/05
There is not much left to say - except that it gets better and better with each read. So much in so few words - wonderful!
10/28/05
Wonderful! what more is there to say?
11/01/05
Hi Jan, I loved your poem. I thought it was wonderful. I read it several times and grew in my appreciation each time.
11/01/05
Hi Jan, I loved your poem. I thought it was wonderful. I read it several times and grew in my appreciation each time.
11/01/05
Hi Jan, I loved your poem. I thought it was wonderful. I read it several times and grew in my appreciation each time.
wow, this is great. terrific use of homynyms.
Great. Thanks for being an inspiration.
The only thing that would have made this poem better, is maybe an indention or two.
 
  
On second thought, it was perfect without any, but just in case you ever need them.
I think you need to write more of these.
HA! They disappear. Now, that's funny.