The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1740 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow. That was awesome. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one in the winners list. Possibaly a little long, but what a charming poem with a timely message.
10/18/05
Yes I liked this. I too, would cut it down a bit, but loved your descriptions and ending!
10/20/05
I think this is SO clever! You've given them each such perfect-for-the-fruit personalities, and I love the fruit-salad ending! The only thing that I didn't see that I always put in a fruit salad was pineapple. Prickly - sharp tongue - look, you've got me going now too! Well done!
10/21/05
Giving each fruit a personality - that's great. Nice poem that you obviously worked hard to create.
10/21/05
I love this! A unique idea, full of humour, a subtle (yet poignant) message. GREAT JOB!
10/22/05
What a beautiful poem. We can be lovely alone, but when we work together we can really produce abundant fruity goodness. Thanks:)
10/22/05
An absolutely delightful romp in the orchard. I loved the damson in distress line. The ending - fruit salad - was good. Well done. Lost the rhythm on occasion.
10/24/05
Never saw the fruit salad coming..just was enjoying the debate for each fruit's worthiness. wow..
What a delightful, wise, and just plain 'fun' read! so cute!!