The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1449 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You kept me in suspense to know what this "society" was. I suspected when they met in darkness. I got a little confused at the end. Was the burning and palsy a temptation to be turned away from?
Oh, I loved this. So well written! I love the style. The memory of the bitter cup helps now, to guide him in the Right Way.
10/18/05
This was very cool. I am hoping I know who this is...but i am not sure. Well done.
Wow! What a great play on the tasting of the cup of death image! Wonderful story-telling!
10/18/05
Wonderful, a great story teller indeed, such dramatic form - great.
thanks
10/18/05
Been there, done that. Thank God for the memory of the bitter fruit, which keeps me from returning. Great enrty.
10/19/05
What an impressive opening paragraph! Actually, the whole piece was impressive. Wow ... I was right in there. Glad that the MC had a chance to pursue wisdom after all!
10/20/05
I loved your 'voice' throughout! very impressive writing.
10/21/05
When foolishness bids me come and dine, the burning returns until I turn away. - I love that sentence! Masterful storytelling, with a vital truth. Well done!
I loved that this could both be a true story and an allegory at the same time. The message was compelling. The opening paragraphs in particular were brilliant. Well done!
10/22/05
i want to read the book! seriously, i thought this was great. it sort of reminded me in some ways of a good Stephen Lawhead read, only your language was maybe even up a notch (can i say that about lawhead? sorry!! ) anyway, i enjoyed it immensely and its the only one i have time to read. so im glad it was good!
10/22/05
What intrigue. All else is falsehood and folly except the Way that leads to Christ! Excellent article:)