The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1455 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/12/10
Reminds me of the song, "Mercy Came Running". One of the many gifts God has bestowed on His beloved.
08/12/10
I enjoyed this story about Mercy (what an appropriate name!). Growing up, my grandmother regaled me with stories from her nursing years in the '30s and '40s. Although my poor math and science grades kept me from pursuing that career path, to this day I have a strong interest in the field of nursing. Perhaps it's because, like your MC, I find peace in comforting the sick and infirm. Nice story!
This is a touching story of the events of Mercy's life.
08/14/10
I saw some of my own impressions and dreams as a young nurse, running parallel with the MC in this well written story. Very enjoyable.
08/15/10
What a wonderful story! I loved your MC and her obviously tender heart. What a wonderful testimony to the nursing profession...well done! :)
You touched me with all kinds of adorable and precious moments. What a heart to treasure, wanting to be with people during their last moments of life. Now THAT'S special and we should all be so blessed to have a little "Mercy" of our own...or more importantly, those with no families!
I love this story, and your MC. And Ohhh, the ending! You had me weepy!