The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 901 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Black River NY.? Are you writing about your childhood. Loved the real feel you put to a time and place that I could feel in my past as a boy growing up in a rural town of NY..

Your writng flows like a river and all I had to do was drift into it with sweet joy.
I too grow up in rural NY and it was a nice trip down memory lane. i could remember the smells you described like I was standing in the library itself.
06/16/10
You described my love for the library exactly. It's such a magical place. But I was surprised to find out Jody was only four. She seemed much older than that (10?).
Thanks for sharing your memories. I too thought the libraries were wonderful places to be when I was growing up. Keep writing.
06/17/10
Micheline, you told this story so well. You are talented.
I loved the opening sentence and the power it invokes.
You are a great storyteller. I would have liked to see this entry place higher.
I would recommend you break up your paragragps a little more. They're perfectly correct as written, but there's something about reading shorter sentences with punch to be more effective as they can stand alone. This is excellent.

Mona