The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2625 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/15/05
Wow, this is FANTASTIC!
Absolutely awesome - this story sent shivers up my spine. Your use of language is exceptional, and the heart of the story is filled with meaning.
08/16/05
You're a wonderful storyteller! Very moving piece. :)
08/17/05
That was a wonderful story and you really broght it to life.
08/19/05
Stunning! Deeply moving; a story that will stay in my head for some time! Very well done!
Gasp! "I feel a burning heat in my eyes. Salted tears trickle down from the closed lids. My fingers reach up to touch them, but before they make contact I feel a flutter of soft skin. Light shoots in from all directions at once and I almost fall over."

Very emotional and moving. Well done! :-)
Beautiful and anointed! This is a one of a kind story. Thank you for sharing it so eloquently! I'm experiencing chills of delight. Great work. Hope you WIN. :)
08/19/05
Brilliant entry! Wonderfully written - a true heart-toucher and completely on topic.
Bravo!
Blessings, Lynda
08/19/05
A wonderful story, you really get into the life and thoughts of the girl in a convincing way. Well told. Yeggy
08/19/05
Excellent work.
08/19/05
I especially appreciated the two different takes on the word "gift."
08/20/05
Amazing! very well told!
Congratulations! Doing the happy dance for you. This story is the bomb! :)
08/22/05
Congratulations!!!! I know you are a happy writer this morning. Great job!
Outstanding job, Sally! Congratulations! Blessings, Cheri
08/22/05
Congratualtions, Sally! This is a most excellent piece and very deserving of 1st place. I send cyber hugs and cyber chocolate. :0) LG
Great work, Sally! The style and presentation of this piece are right on. Definitely deserving of its place in the anthology.

I guess "Deus ex Machina" really does happen...right Maxx? ;)

Congratulations on the big win!
Wow! This definitely deserved first place! I never even thought of going in that direction for Sightseeing. :-) Well done!
08/26/05
Wow, Sally......

I've got goosebumps from your story.

Brilliant.

I loved this line - "The words leave his mouth and wrap like the softest sari around my heart."

Congratulations!
10/19/05
Hi Sally. I'm just preparing the new FaithWriters' Anthology and need a short (two to three sentences) bio piece to include in a new section for the book - "Meet Our Authors." The bio notes need to be written in the third person. Could you please send it to me via a Private Message? Thanks so much. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)