The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 879 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/21/09
Effective use of repetition of the two key phrases in this very well-written essay.
03/22/09
I like the play on words you used in this piece. I also got a laugh out of the "meat, cheese, or condiment" barb.:) This was a well-written piece with a good message!
This seems to have a wonderful devotional feel to it. Really enjoyed this entry. Nicely done!
03/24/09
I loved the title, and how you wove it through the piece. My favorite part was, "There is tension in knowing that something profound is happening--a vanishing sunset, a vernal equinox, a life change or transition, but the transformation is not yet complete, and I’m not sure when it will be. I am still unfinished business." What a perfect portrayal of the Kingdom now, and the Kingdom yet to come. Just loved it. Well done!
03/25/09
Being an all-or-nothing kind of girl, this gave me pause. I don't know if I have ever thought this way before. It's very interesting and something I will be thinking about.
The writing was the perfect tone for the content.
Mona
03/25/09
Yes, I'm that sandwich, too, and I also have no idea what part of the sandwich I am! Wonderful, as usual, Emily! Welcome to Masters-how'd I miss that?!
03/25/09
Now you add another already (in masters) but not yet ('cause you have to wait for the new quarter!)
On a serious note, Gregory preached a sermon on the Kingdom of God at least 10 years ago on this theme. I have never forgotten it. It was the most helpful take on the subject I have ever heard. We truly do live in that tension, much as we would prefer everything to be 'tidy'. Well done for some excellent illustrations from daily life that make the unseen things easier to understand.