The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1669 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/05
This is a delightful story! Your ‘hook’ is great. What question will the kids ask that will have even the most intelligent parents flummoxed? I also love the illustration of the ring. And curious kids vying for attention works well. It has a lovely colloquial tone. The story is layered. Yes there’s a lesson to be learnt about God being eternal but also we see a functioning family, a parent who spend quality and quantity time with her kids, takes the time to pick up on the ‘lessons’ and to challenge inappropriate behaviour. Great effort.
06/01/05
"The kids thought I’d gone potty" Ha! Loved that line. We don't say that in the U.S. (at least I've never heard it :-)). Kids do come up with funny stuff don't they? You handled this scene well with the ring illustration. I enjoyed your entry very much. Great job!
Blessings, Lynda
06/03/05
Cute, nicely done.
06/03/05
This is a very fun read. I'll have to remember the ring demonstration in case the subject ever comes up.
Cute story! Baking a cake every day sounds good to me! :-)
06/03/05
You captured a spontaniously special day with the kids very well! Good job.
06/04/05
The title hooked me. Excellent way to draw me in!
06/06/05
A very tender piece, showing how wise our children can be. Very well written. It is always a treat to read your from your skilled pen!