The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1668 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very moving and beautiful! Quite a tribute! I really enjoyed it!
05/09/05
Impressive. Very well written and crafted. This may be one of the best I've seen! You've got talent; keep up the good work.
I agree with both Dixie and Kyle! Your ideas flow smoothly and transition nicely; I felt like I was right there in the recesses of your mind living the experience with you. I love many of your descriptions, especially the one about her helping you through the window so you could be there to help her through the door. Great job! Keep up the good work. Blessings, Cheri
05/14/05
I started the first paragraph and copied onto the clipboard one piece of imagery to comment on here - something I loved. (It was about your mother's hands: "They taught it all: both to sew for the future and mend up the past, embellishing everything with the intricate beauty of fine embroidery.") But then there was another ... and another ... and another. Wow! This is one very impressive piece of writing. Well done!
05/15/05
Extremely well presented. Thank you.
This is a wonderful piece of writing! Your use of imagery employed all my senses and your thought-provoking introspection carried the theme with very little dialogue. From the title to the final sentence, a beautiful piece. God bless!
05/16/05
Lois, as always, not a surprise to see one of your entries in the Editors' Choice winners' list. Congratulations on your 5th place win and Highly Commended place in the Level 3 Challenge. Loads of competition this week - well done (as always). Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Just lovely, Lois! Congratulations. This was my favorite part --

"Unfulfilled dreams: my own hope chest was full of them. Looking around the room, what did it matter? Here was my life's clay, a living exhibition God was sculpting daily for His own intricate work. What a privilege He'd given me, laying aside my own self-centered ambitions to build into His Eternal Temple ageless stones for His Kingdom."

You really hit me where I live. Thanks! :)