The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1673 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I'm calling my mother TODAY and telling her I love her and thank you for all the sacrifices she has made for me. Convicting!
04/25/05
My Mother never said the words "I love you" until I was 30 years old. She was from a different generation and they just didn't voice their feelings. But once she said it, it was like a dam broke inside of her and she said it every chance she got. Thank you for this memory.

Mary N
04/25/05
It was very easy to picture your account. I had to use a dictionary to look up a couple of words.
04/25/05
Well written article. Just stumbled on some words in one sentence - like 'carapace'. Would be helpful to have clues as to its meaning.
04/27/05
Very powerful entry. I can feel the emotions behind the words. Thank you!
04/30/05
Very well done yeggy, I can see you are more than in touch with these emotions.
05/01/05
Oh ... "Because I know myself, I will fail". SO touching! But the relief I felt when the main character communicated to her mother by her tears that she was grateful. If you'd like some constructive feedback, I'd just add paragraph breaks - an empty line between paragraphs to make it easier to read. Thanks so much for writing this and sharing it with us. Well done.
05/04/05
Hi Val. I just wanted to take a moment to encourage you and let you know that you made it into the semi-finals for the "Thanksgiving" Challenge. So although you didn't actually win a place or Highly Commended award, you were definitely in the running. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Oh, so touching. Somehow, I'm sure she knew.