The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1774 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I like this slice of real life story! It was easy to identify with your MC. You've woven a delightful and meaningful story!
01/26/06
Nicely done! You introduced me to a topic that I know nothing about, and in a fascinating way. Cheryl is a fully-realized character, not easy to do in so few words!
01/26/06
This was a nice read and a brought back a memory of my own daughter trying to do her best with prayer. I liked your character...she was made real for me. I never lost interest and wanted to know each new step. Thanks!
01/27/06
Ohhh -the memories of changing in the stalls for gym class! this is twice tonight I've been transported back in time to school lol.
01/28/06
A really delightful story of a young girl starting out on her journey of life...and puts everything in the hands of a personal God that she knows cares about every little thing she does...and trusts him! Jesus mentions many times about the "faith of a little child". A great message here! Thank you.
01/28/06
A story well told. Kept my attention and had me gunning for your character. Well done. Yeggy
I would like to have seen more show than tell??? Otherwise I enjoyed it very much. A real issue that is often overlooked in writing. I think you have a great character for a youth/teen novel ;)
01/29/06
good movement. great writing. You have definate wordsmithing talent! Great job showing the reliance on God even in the "daily struggles." :-)
01/31/06
I enjoyed the way you showed in your language the difference between the girls' professionalism ... the other girl did a somersault but the main character did a front flop etc.

A lovely message in a story that many teens especially could identify with ... is there a market out there somewhere in a magazine aiming at Christian teens perhaps?