The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 978 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/27/16
A very "refreshing" right on topic read, as I learned the amazing capabilities available to the disabled. It made me think of how most of us take our computers for granted, not realizing how they touch those struggling with hardships.

Technology can truly be a miracle for young and old alike. Great job!

05/27/16
inspiring and well written.
Heart warming! This was a blessing to read and will stay with me. Excellent writing.
I can really identify with your article. In factt, it was almost the angle I used this week.
It's hard to believe that it has been nearly eighteen years since I began to learn how to use a screen reader. I'm still not sure my family understands the significance of how it levels the playingfield for me not to have to wait for print to be recorded or transcribed in to braille, or to be able to proofread what I type for others to read. The book of Proverbs, in braille, is larger than the electronic braille device on which I have two versions of the Bible and hundreds of hymns.
06/02/16
Congratulations on your placing and on your EC. Well done.
06/02/16
Congratulations, Judy, on your 10th place EC win.

It must be enjoyable to give others a voice!
06/02/16
Congratulations on placing 1st place in the Advanced category. I thought you were already in the Masters category; hopefully this win will put you in the top level.
Congratulations, Judy! I am so pleased to see this receive an EC.
06/03/16
Congrats!
06/05/16
Judy, It was eye-opening how technology has played such role as helping kids reach beyond their potential.

Congratulations on 1st place in the advanced category and 10th in EC.
06/05/16
Congratulations, Judy, on your EC place. Your article is a wonderful reminder of the value of computers to people with disabilities. I have some friends for whom computers make a huge difference. Very well written too.
06/23/16
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and congratulations on your 1st place level win. Well done.
It's too easy to just dismiss disabled people, but they have so much to teach us.