The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 592 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/10/16
Wonderful retelling of Mary at the tomb. The use of fragrances added a new dimension to the familiar story.
03/10/16
I liked the descriptions. I could almost smell the different scents. There were a couple of punctuation errors relating to quotation marks.
03/10/16
I liked the descriptions. I could almost smell the different scents. There were a couple of punctuation errors relating to quotation marks.
03/10/16
I could almost smell the fragrances. Red ink: there were a couple of errors in punctuation (relating to quotation marks).
03/11/16
Beautiful job with this lovely entry!

God bless~
03/15/16
This was beautiful. Mary's swollen eyes and headache; the images running past her closed eyes...these were very believable.
I was not quite at peace with the ending and I THINK it was because the comparison was between the literal smell of death and the non-literal, poetic "smell" of love. To be "ferhoodled" suggests to me that they both needed to be literal. However, I might just be missing something....
03/17/16
I really liked how you used your imagination to help us experience more of the emotion that Mary was likely having.

I have not attempted a retelling of a Bible story yet. Hopefully, when I do, I can do as well as you did with this.
It is helpful to illustrate how Bible characters feel to make them more real to us. This is a fun read. Thank you.
03/22/16
Congratulations on placing 7th place in the Advanced Category. I really appreciated all the detail of the spices and fragrances.
Congratulations on ranking 7th in your level. Happy Dance!
03/24/16
The disciples in my story were supposed to be John and Simon Peter instead of John and Paul.

After it was brought to my attention, I wanted to clarify my intentions.

I did not intentionally try to ferhoodle the readers.