The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1073 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/15/13
Bravo! Absolutely wonderful take on the topic. So relevant and a much needed message for today's world. The MC's feelings were palpable and realistic.

Keep up the good work!
Magnificently presented. Gripping. . .

Please "throw a brick" for others to enjoy, comment and support your writing:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37705

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
You did a fantastic job of developing the characters. I could feel the discomfort and embarrassment. As a teen mom myself, I could totally relate.

I did think it odd that the pastor wouldn't say something at the time, but then again I can see some thinking it would be the polite thing to do.

I can't imagine the parents not speaking to her about her situation. I think that's because I had such amazing parents myself. Sadly the real world is full of parents like that. You really demonstrated how important it is to talk to your kids about everything. If it's easy to discuss the little stuff, then it's not so hard to talk about big issues. Nicely done on this story with multiple messages.
Wonderful! Congratulations on your well-deserved win!

Love & Hugs in, through and because of Jesus, the Christ,

Judi Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
12/19/13
I agree with Shann. "Nicely done on this story with multiple messages." Congratulations, Karen, on your high ratings - both in our level and in Editor's Choice.

In all the entries this time, there were so many poignant messages, coming from a wide variety of the writers' ideas of just what the "elephant" was. That's one thing I love about the Challenge topics. They open up a vast host of individual perspectives.
12/19/13
Wow, this was great - fantastic, meaningful, extremely well written, and with an unforgettable message. I love the positive twist at the end. Congratulations on a well deserved win!
01/04/14
Several pieces have touched me deeply this week and yours is one of them. Nicely written and congratulations on your EC placing.