The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 999 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, I found myself holding my breath. I don't know much about rodeos but I could still easily envision the scene you described. I especially enjoyed the ending!
This was great! You gave your MC something to want, something to fear, and then let us have it. I never expected that ending. Great job!
And don't you just love all the strange names they give bulls? ;) I do.
A real nail-biter. Thanks!
09/08/10
Perfect title! Wow! You've captured the emotion and drama of a rodeo. I could see each move of the animal and the rider. I loved the ending!
09/08/10
First of all, a cowboy story...nice. Pretty much destined to not fail. But the suspense and build up was very well-played with an ending that made me sigh with relief. Great job!
09/09/10
I love watching the cowboys ride the bulls and you were spot on! Congratulations!
10/27/10
Virgil, I'm going to feature this story on the Front Page Showcase for the week of November 22. Look for it on the FaithWriters Home Page--and congratulations!
I am terrified of bulls.

My Dad raised cattle when I was growing up and I had a close call when my dog startled one of his bulls.

This was a great story and kept me on the edge of my seat!