The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1608 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/16/10
What a wonderfully written devotional and one I can relate to in more ways than one. The Count of Monte Cristo was a story I used in my English class for many years.
This is a very poignant devotion. I felt you had a couple of spots were it flowed a little roughly, but over all it was quite good and a needed message.
The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my favorite books, so I love how you used it to illustrate the power of the pen. Terrific introduction, great exposition of scripture, and nice closure with the prayer at the end. This needs to be submitted to a devotional publication. :)
Every time I read one of your devotionals, I am completely drawn in. I hope you're writing professionally now. Your work just keeps getting better and better.
04/20/10
I love how the "powerful" Hebrews verse fits perfectly with this topic. Your example from "The Count of Monte Cristo" is perfect. This is very challenging!
04/21/10
I especially like the way you contrast the pen being used to imprison versus being used to free. It tied the whole teaching together very well, and brought the point home well.
Wonderful job. I love the story of the Counte of Monte Cristo and it was easier to relate as I read this. Thanks for sharing!