The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1301 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You took a simple visit to a farm for some cider and make a lovely story. I enjoyed it very much.
Your last sentence is priceless. Some things are better left alone anyway and not repeated. The memory of that beautiful event will last forever. It was a precious gift from God and it was treated extremely well by a trusted scribe, the MC.
Wonderful story telling and I love the last line about memories made. Well done.
09/04/09
I relaxed and got lost with you and enjoyed the journey from start to finish--thanks.
The nostalgic voice is just right for this tale, and the last line is a keeper. Great work!
09/09/09
Carol, I love this for several reasons...your usual wonderful writing, of course...but here's something to consider: you MAY have been at my dad's cider mill!
09/09/09
I don't what I can say that hasn't already been said, except one of the things I have always enjoyed about this time of year are the apples and the wonderful variations of cider that people produce, especially my friend Darrell who wears overalls and lives on a farm up a long dirt road ending at an old red barn.
09/09/09
So well-written with such delicious descriptions, that I may go looking for that old barn cider mill myself!
I so enjoyed this story. Isn't life funny that way - sometimes trying to duplicate a perfect experience does, indeed, just ruin it. Great ending!!!