Previous Challenge Entry (Level 3 - Advanced)
Topic: Good and Bad (05/07/09)
TITLE: The Lost Psalm 151
By Colin Swann
LEAVE COMMENT ON ARTICLE
SEND A PRIVATE COMMENT
ADD TO MY FAVORITES
1. You Lord are magnificent in your resplendent glory and majesty. Your presence stretches beyond the outer regions of the universe and beyond. All heaven lauds your glory as the eternal God from everlasting to everlasting and your saints forever shout their praise from the heights of your holy mountain.
2. Lord, you are cloaked with goodness and mercy towards a people who are unworthy. You forgive the sins of the unrighteous and have mercy on the lowly and the fallen. When I strayed from you and sank in the slurry of my sin, you heard my desperate plea for forgiveness and rescued me. I will thank and praise you forever for your kindness towards me.
3. Your love for me is like the love a maiden has for her suckling first born. You dote over me as a special only child. I am your favourite among a legion of your special favourite ones. You give us all your undivided attention at all times – such is the vastness of your being, understanding and capability. Lord, I thank you for the good you do in our lives.
4. If you had not intervened I would have shipwrecked my life. I would have sank to the lowest hell without your mediation – you saved me from perdition and set me on a highway to the celestial city. I shall forever praise you with the glorious ones and join the chorus with all your redeemed sinners. Thank you for rescuing us and being our Saviour.
5. Lord, all my life is in your hands, and you formed me in the womb – you set out my life before me, and desired that I followed you in all your ways. Yet in my dull understanding, and mulish ways, I deliberately followed my own path and folly. I became like the fly fast in the web with no one to deliver me – in my desperation I cried out to you and you saved me. O, praise be to you forever!
6. If I had known my journey like the the swallow his distant flight or the turtle is way through the ocean's depth, then I would not have strayed from your pathway. But in my pride and stubbornness I was asinine in following the wind – racing with herd towards the cliff edge of destruction. I marvel that you put your bit in my mouth and turned me and saved me from utter destruction. Your blows became the sweet kisses of reconciliation for which I will ever be grateful.
7. I see your beauty in the towering mountain range; across the lowly valley's gulf and the veld's open plain. I thank you that you order the footsteps of our lives. We would wither like a flowering bloom if life was unvaried and all level, high or low. But you are a lavish God who showers your creation with extravagant beauty, goodness and love.
8. When I behold your creation: the stars sparkling from the midnight sky; the verdant woodlands and meadow flowers; the colourful singing birds and the humming bees; a gurgling mountain stream and the ocean's expanse; such stunning beauty makes me want to join with all nature and cry, that 'God is Good'.
The opinions expressed by authors may not necessarily reflect the opinion of FaithWriters.com.
Accept Jesus as Your Lord and Savior Right Now - CLICK HERE
JOIN US at FaithWriters for Free. Grow as a Writer and Spread the Gospel.