The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1259 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/17/08
Wow, what a hard lesson for a fourth grader! I'm glad she learned it early!
01/18/08
Nicely done - the desire to be popular is a powerful one.
I was hoping that she'd see who her real, true friends were before it was too late! This is a good story, I really liked the title and how it fit with this story, my only note is the ending seemed a tad bit rushed where it just 'tells' us that Angie's parents have a study every Friday and then there's dialouge from her friend. Otherwise, good stuff! ^_^
Thank God for friends who love us in spite of ourselves.
Good for Shayna,great message and dialog.
01/23/08
Great way to use this week's prompt! I'm glad she learned her lesson in 4th grade.

The title threw me off a bit; with a word like "Follies" I expected a humorous piece. The alliteration is nice, though.

Children can be cruel, but I love the forgiveness that you included at the end.
01/23/08
I like this story very much. I love the way you describe the little girls and the playground antics. So hard for children to fit in-it never changes! You have a good lesson and message in this entry.
You described the actions of 4th grade girls perfectly. Definitely a good example of the topic. Great story.
01/24/08
Great lesson! The dialog was right for that age group. Love the way you spin a story!
01/24/08
You really captured the dilemma in a realistic way. Kimberly made me cringe. Nice writing.
01/24/08
Your title is great for this. I enjoyed the lesson and your story. This would be great for elementary kids to read! Nice work!
This is indeed a wonderful story. I loved it.
01/26/08
Really good work! i agree w/ the previous comment that the ending seemed rushed, it would have been nice to have drawn the dialogue out a little more, you did such a good job with it all the way through.