The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1864 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/02/07
I loved this story! The unusual title grabbed me (I'm curious about any title with a personal name),and the classroom of delightful children, especially Natalie, came to life for me!

Great dialogue and beautifully vivid descriptions--I especially liked the words turning to "fuzz" when the narrator tried on her grandma's glasses.

Also enjoyed the whimsical poem, though I wasn't expecting that--and I really like the way the teacher returned at the end to the present scene, complete with more humorous and realistic dialogue!
02/03/07
I love the way you mixed both poetry and prose. Yikes, if such glasses were availble, I'd buy a gross of them, for my students! Very strong entry.
02/06/07
How funny. I never would have thought that a child would think she could not read without glasses. I enjoyed the poem inserted into the story, but my favorite part was Tyler trying to get the teacher's attention. “What’s this one say, teacher? Teacher? TEACHER!”
02/06/07
Hehe This was cute. If only it really were that easy. I still think the teacher should have had some fake glasses for the students to use... it could boost their confidence and help them focus.... you know, "Now remember students. When we have our glasses on, we're focusing on reading." lol Can you tell I'm an (unemployed) educator too?
02/06/07
Cute story and I liked the way you flipped between the poem and the real world. I love the last poster's suggestion. Good story and thanks for sharing it
02/06/07
Cute story and I liked the way you flipped between the poem and the real world. I love the last poster's suggestion. Good story and thanks for sharing it