The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2495 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/18/07
I'm totally crying!!! Thank you for such a delightful story. I'm sending this one to my friends.
01/19/07
Beautiful. It made me wonder what might have happened if Charlie Brown had put one of those pink slips into the little red haired girl's bag.
01/19/07
This is great! & so sweet...!
awww! I love this story. Thanks!
01/21/07
I am having trouble responding to this one, as I have just melted into a liquidy glob of mushiness. :D I adored this on so many levels.
01/21/07
Looks like you've got all the ladies crying :-). This was written so well. I thought the summary was a little unrealistic, but hey, God really does great things like that. A sweet read.
I absolutely love this!
01/24/07
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! You just can't go wrong by putting a cocker spaniel puppy in a story. Adorable!
01/24/07
I loved this. I relate to the only a few Valentines syndrome. Pedictable ending, but for this type of story, I wouldn't want anything else. Great story.
I love, love, love this. I'm a sucker for sentiment, and this has it for sure. It's well-written, and the ending is wonderful.
Awww! So sweet! (and cute!) I loved how Holly got the 'best' valentine after all and how she gave it back and something even better was received. I liked the part with using the puppy she'd drawn in your descriptions, it added a nice touch to this piece.
01/24/07
I am a total sucker for romance so naturally I loved it! And maybe all of the men could read it as a fantasy entry ;)
What a sweet story! It reminded me of a note a first grade boy passed across the aisle to me: "I love you. Do you love me? Love, Dickie."
I replied on the same lined, yellow paper, "Dear Dickie, you are a brat and I hate you. Love, Mariane."
My father saw Dickie crying after school that day and asked if he could have the note. Dad kept it folded in his wallet for years, showing it to everyone.
I wish I could say I grew up to marry Dickie but we did become reacquainted over the internet after a 50-year lapse. Now every day he writes to say he loves me and I tell him he's still a brat. But I always sign it, "Love, Mariane." Isn't the internet fun?