The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3828 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/06
I LOVE this. Wonderful!!!! Great take on the topic. Fabulous job.
08/24/06
This is wonderful! I love the title! Inspiration at it highest!!
08/25/06
I've always loved this folk tale--used to read a children's book of it to my daughters. Thanks for reminding me, with your own lovely version in poetry!
08/25/06
Beautifully done! Sounds like a song. Where's my banjo?
Nice poetic rendition...this feels familiar, although I can't remember exactly where I heard a similar prose version. Enjoyed the pace and cadence as well as the message. :-)
Click add to my favorites and then type, "AWESOME ARTICLE WELL WRITTEN!" This should be submitted into a children's mag.
08/28/06
Incredibly masterful! I love the simplistic approach to such a deep topic. You are truly a master ... awesome!!!! :)
08/29/06
Good question for a tree. I like the flow of this and the message is well received.
08/29/06
Beautiful and sweet - this begs to be illustrated and shared with children. So lovely!
Very creative and touches the heart! Excellent writing!
I've never looked at the role all of creation played in the crucifixion of Christ before. Your story - this entire theme - has been truly enlightening. Thanks for sharing.

God bless,

Kevin
08/30/06
This definitely reads like a children's book - I can envision the illustrations to go with the text. I would try submitting it somewhere for publication. Creative take on topic. Well done!
08/31/06
Congratulations! This poem is excellent! Sweet and simple, yet profound.
08/31/06
I love this story, and I loved your version of it! Congratulations on a well deserved win!
Great job! Congratulations! May I join the resounding echo of 'this should be a children's book'? Wonderful!
Congratulations, Melanie, on your well deserved win. Beautiful, creative writing. Well done.
09/01/06
Congratualtions! Although I'm familiar with the children's picture book your unique take on it drove me to keep reading through to the end. yeggy
Well done, Melanie. A tribute to our Lord uniquely crafted. Congratulations for blessing us with your words of love and hope.