The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1729 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/07/05
I liked your dialogue very natural. I also liked the way you kept the two goals in front of her each step of the way...favor or favortism. nice job.
Great job with this fictional piece! I really loved this phrase: "It's up to you: the favor of God or the favoritism of man. Which do you choose?" What else can I say? You nailed it! (smile)
03/09/05
Very nice. The dialog was smooth and flowed well. The integration of teaching text into the story was also very smooth. An excellent entry against this topic - and the ending is quite powerful. Keep up the great work!
03/10/05
Sin will take you farther than you want to go and keep you longer than you planned to stay.


Peer pressure and human desire make me say, there, but for the grace of God, go I.


I found this piece to have a tremendous amount of realism to it. A path we all could easily choose, save for the power of the One who dwells within.


Well done! - Nancy
So well done. You captured the struggle we often make trying to surive in the world and still be faithful. You gave her a half way point and one she is still trying to decide on. I just thought the realistic actions were portrayed so well.
03/11/05
Agreeing with all the above. Very well done and stingingly true. Good writing.
03/11/05
Ditto to all the above! (From Suzanne who lives in the land 'down under'!)
GREAT work, Lori! So realistic. I've been where your mc was and had that conviction echoing as I continued to do what I knew I should not do. Favor of God, favoritism of man...Just nailed the topic. A pleasure to read.
03/14/05
Congratulations Lori - 4th Place in the Editor's Choice and 2nd Place in the Level 2 Champion Challenge. Well done! Now it's time for you to move up to Level 3. You are more than ready for it. Love, Deb (Challenge Co-ordinator)