The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1593 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/02/06
Enjoyed hearing how Grandpa found his purpose in life and how Grandma found hers! And Grandma's house, complete with creaks, squeaks and gingham curtains! Oh and rooster wallpaper. I enjoyed this.
Zinged by Grandma! Great story! Your Granny was especially believable; I love her! More, more!
06/04/06
A wonderful testimony, just watch the present and past tense ("I pause as I heard grandma’s sweet voice,....") Good job.
06/04/06
A sweet story about family, vocations and love, and written in a most charming way. Thank you for sharing.
06/05/06
Wonderful story, reminded me of the reason I serve the Lord; my grandma's prayers. As I read this, fond memories of her flooded my heart. Thanks so much
06/05/06
Very nice; by the time I was at the end I felt as if I knew grandma and grandpa both.
06/05/06
Made me miss my own grandma and grampa who have been in heaven for many years.
I loved that Danny was called to preach like his grandpa, and wondered if the baby grandpa saved my end up being Danny's wife! Great writing! Kate~
06/05/06
I felt like I was in my own grandma's kitchen. Terrific scene setting and story. Very heartwarming. :)
Well written and very inspiring. You could almost visualize her comfortable home.