The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1754 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This was delightful, though the rhythm is off a few times. Great final line about wishing the mansion in Heaven was ivy-covered. Good job!
11/29/05
There are a few issues with punctuation and spelling, and I don't think the rows of asterisks are needed. But this is a very charming poem, and I absolutely loved that he wanted to decorate his mansion!
11/29/05
Great poem, good rhythm. Thanks for the smile. God Bless.
11/29/05
Cute poem. You described both settings so well, and with so few words - amazing!
12/01/05
Great poem. A mansion awaits us all one day!
12/02/05
Enjoyed your poem and the rhythm and the contentment of Dixon.
12/05/05
Though the poem reads nice and easy, with a gentle rhyhm, the contents hold a wonderful vision.

Congratulations on your second place win.
12/10/05
I want to thank all of you who took the time to comment, to review and critique my little poem about "Dixon" and his Vine Covered Shack - I appreciate words from my peers; and also the Congratulations! You could have knocked me over with a feather...I was so surprised!

Thanks to all those who stopped by just to read...that's what we Writers do...write for the Readers..and hope they enjoy.
Marilyn, how did I miss reading this absolute jewel of yours??? Where in the world was I?? Haha! I dearly love this poem and can see it illustrated as a children's book even. Precious!
09/28/06
Your last line hit me like a ton of bricks.

It literally made me bow my head and thank God for what I currently have and for what I've been promised.

Thank you Marilynn.

You MOVED me.

Pauly