The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 596 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/13
Beautifully written from start to finish with powerful images and words to bring home an important message.

God bless~
I think you did a really nice job on the story. There is nothing like the loss of
a child. I like how you use examples from the Bible to illustrate your point. Good job.
Piercing and to the point. Thank you.
03/22/13
I have two grandmothers who's memories were invoked while reading this delightful story. The cucumber salad, the lack of running water in the house, the hot house without the air conditioning, the wood stove in the corner, the time shared between grandmother and grandaughter, even if the time was spent in working together.

Beautiful memories for me were brought to mind as I read this.

Thank you for the details in this story that brought it alive for many of us in relationship to our grandmothers.
03/22/13
Whoops! I wrote the previous comment on the wrong page. Sorry about that.

I like the title because the Arrow-head of Grief is such an accurate picture of the sharpness of grief, especially with the loss of a child.

Your thoughts about what to say or do for someone who has suffered that loss are articulated well.