The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 764 times
Member Comments
Member
Date

Interesting piece
What a lovely story. Life is strange but interesting. Thanks.
07/10/09
Well written - tender - and a picture of love that endures.
07/11/09
thank you for this love that endures
07/11/09
I enjoyed this tender sweet story of true love that stood the test of time.
I smiled at the part where the sailor winked and his pick up girl had their whole life already planned out.
07/12/09
Some of your very telling details made me feel as though you wrote this from the inside out.
Very moving and touching story. Loved how you planned your future in that short space of time.Blessings:)
07/14/09
What an endearing and lovely story! Every sentence has the love of her spouse and the love of her family in it. A good sense of humor and common sense dot this entry throughout, too. Very sweet!
07/16/09
Truly, the story of a lifetime. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing so personally.
07/17/09
Thank you so much for your lovely comments. This is a true story of how my parents met, married and now live their twilight years. (Except Lizzie-Rae is actually Lisa-Rae...Just staying anonymous!)
07/18/09
Hi Lisa. I just wanted to leave a quick note to let you know your entry, A Wink and a Promise, actually did very well in the Twilight Years Challenge. Although you didn't receive an award, you made it into the Highest Rankings for Level 2, placing 6th in that Level.

If you'd like to check the highest rankings for yourself, you can find them here:
http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26236

The highest rankings are posted every Thursday evening on the Message Boards.

Hope to see you at the FaithWriters' Conference in August. It’s going to be an amazing time of inspiration, information and encouragement. (If I’ve already mentioned that to you, forgive me. We’re just so excited about letting members know about this great gathering.)
http://www.faithwriters.com/conference.php

With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)