The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1027 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/28/08
How clever to tell the story from the perspective of the red shoes but not come right out and say, "I am a pair of shoes and I'd like to tell you about my owner." I tripped over one sentence (maybe my shoes were untied) but it was clear when I went back and read it.
08/28/08
this story has to be a 'shoe-in' for cuteness! I love the hidden identity of the voice telling the story. A delightful tale with plenty of soul/sole. (pardon the puns but how can one resist?)
08/28/08
It was awkward for me to identify with the narrator as the pair of shoes. I had to re-read this piece several times to get comfortable and be able to see the nuggets of truth hidden throughout this tale. I guess its kind of like breaking in a new pair of shoes. A couple thoughts hit me: Soul mates are things we long for and require patience with God's plan before He hands them over. Until then God wants us to fill that need in others' lives. Thank you for sharing your insights in such an engaging manner!
08/30/08
Cute story.

I don't understand why she didn't just buy red shoes earlier.

Very creative to write from the POV of shoes--I don't think I've ever seen anything like that before!
09/03/08
Coming from the shoe's pov added to the story, and definitely added to its cuteness. Fun.