The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1188 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/08/08
This was very well-written, with a real sense of nostalgia and homecoming.

The "meat" of the piece--the sports scandal--seemed rushed, and introduced at the last minute. I wonder if less introductory material and more of the "whisperings" would be more effective?

Nevertheless, I found the first 2/3rds of this extremely compelling.
The descriptions are vivid. I could visualize the scene and feel the MC's regrets.
02/09/08
The title ties in so well! Spending more time on the team and subsequent results would've emphasized the topic more, but I really enjoyed the walk down memory lane. It had a nice feel to it.
02/09/08
The story was on target and very interesting. Great opening and the closing caught me by suprise. Excellent!
Your title is perfect.
I think that the trip down memory lane flowed perfectly in to the topic, as the lingering guilt by association, in and of itself, would not have had the emotional impact of sadness on the reader if we were not already sharing his nastalgia.
Nice entry. Ties in well to the topic and kept my interest throughout.
02/14/08
Good story, well written.
Very well written story. I liked all the nostalgia and felt his pain at being remembered in such a negative light.
You can really feel the main character's excitement of being home, and then his subsequent disappointment at the end. I love your descriptions. It's very easy to visualize your writing.