The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1682 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really like the way you wrote this. I like the format you used bringing the reader into your thoughts as you told the story. Very effective.
Angela Posey-Arnold
06/02/07
Good start. The spoken dialogue makes it flow well.
06/02/07
What an awesome example of how following Him, may not always seem to be where we want to be, but when the joy of the Lord fills us, we wouldn't exchange it for anything! I've been there done that! Blessings!
06/03/07
Excellent in every way! I like the "conversation bounced lightly..." line in the bumpy van ride.
Very well written. I could relate to this. I like your descriptions and your story flowed. Isn't that just like God, bringing us through the bumpy terrain to be a blessing and along the way we see His handiwork and the greater needs of others.I'm glad your character chose to go along. What a blessing and insight she would have missed had she not been a part of this amazing adventure.Great job!Janice
I liked this. It reminds me of a missionary novel. The thoughts woven throughout the story definitely brought the reader into the thick of the story. Excellent descriptions.
06/27/07
Seema, I've chosen to feature this story on the Frontpage Showcase for the week of July 23rd. Look for it on the Faithwriters home page. Nice to have you on this site!
07/23/07
So glad this got the front page showcase, Seema, because I may never have read it otherwise! I love the interspersed thoughts, and the progression of her attitude that you showed so well through them! Is this true?
Your descriptions of the bone-jarring trip in a crowded van, the welcome atmosphere of higher altitudes, and the way you tied it in so nicely with your title and conclusion made this an enjoyable read with a good message. Wonderful story~~
07/26/07
Congratulations, Seema, for being in the spotlight! Great story, so happy to have this chance to read it again!
Your story made me feel this character. Perhaps because I too have been grumbling and missed out on many blessings great way to show a lesson to someone before they too miss out!
Good Job.Glenda
Awesome! Love her journeys - both the physical and the spiritual. The last line is a true gem.
I love missions stories! It is so exciting to me. Yet I have never been or felt a call to the mission field.