The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1351 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/06
good. id like to hear more about the drowning and i was confused by the POV change
Great first line. It almost took my breath away. I found this to be interesting and I know many people who can relate to it. Keep up the good work.
11/20/06
So many of us find ourselves in the situation you describe. We have to be constantly reminded of our Saviour's love and protection so that we don't drown ourselves in despair.
11/21/06
Very nice--this reminds me of the type of devotional you'd read in "The Daily Bread." Short, sweet, and very, very apt.
11/21/06
I liked the feeling of confidence as the lifeguard rescued the child. A more captivating title will draw more attention to your writing. Nice short devotional.
11/21/06
Great imagery that leads itself so well to your point. I enjoyed this - and needed it this morning!!
11/21/06
As others have said, this is a great reminder about how our Savior can even save us from ourselves -- Something I need to remember at this stage in my life.
11/22/06
Good job on this devotional. The example of the child ignoring warnings and getting in over her head works very well with your message.
11/22/06
Tight devotional, will work well with a young church group. Thanks for sharing.