The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1596 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/01/06
I hope she did find out - they say we live up to our names and she has a big name to fill! You described the emotions, the frustration well.
09/01/06
I don't know if this is a creative piece or a cry for help. You write well. God has given you this gift and if there is nothing else to delight in delight in this. I went to church for the wrong reason but even though I was there for the wrong reason I discovered Jesus. It didn't happen immediately but it did happen and even though it didn't improve my ability to sing or change my circumstances He did remove the angst from my heart. Give him a chance to do this for you and please keep writing.
09/04/06
Is this a true-to-life piece, or just cleverly written to sound like the genuine feelings of someone in pain? If it is true, I pray you find that your heavenly Father does indeed bring grace and harmony to your life - He most certainly will if you allow yourself to be open to His love. You will certainly find that, unlike your earthly father, He will never leave or forsake you.
It made me smile.
09/04/06
this sounds like so many teenagers that don't have hope. You described their despair quite well. I hope that "Melody" finds a new song to sing, when she discovers the truth of God's redeeming love
09/05/06
You should expand on this a bit. What does she find at youth group? Does she find what she's looking for, or perhaps something even better? I liked this a lot.
09/05/06
This is skillfully done--like a journal entry, almost, and I love that you left us with an open ending, and a smidgen of hope. Nice!