The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 695 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/18/06
I especially liked the last half of this narrative. I wonder if you could have condensed the first half, and expanded the second--then really bring us into the emotions of your narrator as she experiences the live nativity. It's a very lovely "captured moment", and I very much enjoyed savoring it.
05/18/06
I liked the way you illustrated that by loss this girl gained the reality of what was truly a blessing. It often takes a painful event to get us to examine our priorities. This story shown that prosperity is often not what we, at first, think it is. Good job. I agree that the first half needs to be condensed.
I was also touched by this article. I was blessed when you discovered the meaning of properity. I don't like to see anyone go through hard times like that. What if go through it and learn a valuable lesson about God then its worth it. Good job!
I also agree about the beginning part needs more work/
I so enjoyed this! It was truly written from the heart.
05/20/06
You shared a very touching story. Our old church used to put on living nativities and so this became more personal. You drew the emotions very vividly. Good writing.:)