The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 689 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/06/14
Wow! This was truly powerful in content, and delivery. I was pulled in and riveted from the first word to the last.

Thank you for this moving piece.

God bless~
This is a good story of making use of God's gifts. A person may not see his gift until late in life but it is then that it needs to be put to use.

This should be required reading for us all so we would not put off or be afraid of the gift God gives us.
02/12/14
This made me think fondly of my mother whom, after being diagnosed with cancer, almost gave up. She chose to fight though and has now been in remission for 4 years. She too, has a gift for the written word and is currently working on her third book. Thank you for the reminder that we are never too old to serve.

Only editing comment is I believe you're missing a quote mark in the following: In children’s Sunday school, Chuck would ask questions. “who is Jesus? Why can’t we see him? The usual questions. The answers were always shallow or faith based. Understanding faith and all that it brings takes maturity.
This is an interesting piece. I like how you worked at making sure the reader knew Chuck was just a regular guy. After all aren't we all just average? Yet God still has great plans for us. Though the topic wasn't immersed totally throughout the story, you still did write on topic. In the middle I could see the two men be like bookends supporting each other in their disdain of God. When Chuck changed, the other man no longer had support and it made me think about what happened to him. When a story makes me stop and think like that, it's a good thing. For me it's a sure sign of the Holy Spirit using your words and stories to touch others. You touched me today and I'm grateful for it.