The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1182 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/13/12
Interesting story giving the reader the opportunity to see that prayer works.
12/14/12
Awwwwwwwwwwww. I LOVED THIS SO MUCH! I was holding my breath until the very last line, so thrilled the little one was spared. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. And, He loves His creatures.

What a wonderful, story. This really touched my heart and made it smile!!!

Thanks you. And, thank you for praying for the little guy. : )

God bless~
This is such a sweet story. You captured my attention right away.

Make sure you start a new paragraph each time a different person speaks. You do some nice descriptions that paint a picture for the reader. Then you'll slip back into telling. One example is telling that Charlie checked with other drivers. You can show by describing the squeak of the radio as he presses the button. "Has anyone seen a hurt giraffe?" Little things like that can help pull the reader in.

I think you did a great job of writing on topic. I was thinking that using this definition of game would be out of the box. I haven't read all of the stories yet but this is the first one I've read so far. Your descriptions of the giraffe filled me with a longing to see one. I also think you brought the story to a grand ending. Your message is clear and a great one. This was a delightful read.
12/20/12
Congratulations on the E.C. for this article. What a gripping story. I'm so happy to know it's true. As God has given us fingerprints, so He has given the giraffe his specific coat design. He knows which baby needed help and made sure you were able to find him, too! All creatures, great and small...the Lord God knows them all! Beautifully written.
12/21/12
I enjoyed your lovely story and it's reminder of the power of prayer. Congratulations on your EC win!