The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 866 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This bought tears to my eyes. What a touching story. Israel's freedom has been costly and will probably continue until God intercedes. Keep writing and thank you for sharing such a lovely story.
So glad to see more writing about this. The Israeli plight has been so very heartbreaking and touches me deeply. Loved the warmth in how you told this story and the bond between the Grandfather and Granddaughter.

Christians around the world, need to be on their knees and interceding for these brothers and sisters and that our nation will turn back to giving them the support we use to.
Wow this is outstanding. Living in the US, makes it very easy for me to become naive about the world around me. thank you for teaching me. Your words were beautiful and touched my heart.
04/29/10
I love the interesting way you give a little history on Israel. I remember when I first heard that every citizen in Israel must serve in the military when they come of age. It was hard to fathom, compared to the choice that Americans have. And yet, whether we are civilians or soldiers, God holds us in the palm of His hand. Great verse to end the story! How fortunate little Tova is to have such a wise Poppa.
04/29/10
Wonderful writing with this entry, Celeste! Congratulations on your "highly commended!"