The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 884 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/16/07
This is a very honest and interesting read. I am glad you have found that wonderful relationship with God. I pray that, some day, you will find a "brick and mortar" church that does not seem so hypocritical. I know that some exist - though, of course, all churches are filled with sinners. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Much to ponder here.
12/16/07
Sometimes God gives us opportunities to open our hearts and spill out what has been building up for a while. The "church" topic may have been ordained just for this purpose in your life. After reading your story, I must admit my heart is broken for you. There is such a richness available to us in fellowship with the saints, but more than that, there is strength available to us through Godly fellowship. I pray God will lead you to a good church where you will be welcomed and encouraged to share your gifts to bless others...where you can grow and flourish like a tree firmly planted by the rivers of water. God bless you...
12/17/07
This was a courageous article. I hope you continue to be open to God's leading in this direction; what is right for you in a certain season may change with the passage of time and your own spiritual growth.
12/18/07
Ouch! Much of what you say is only too true. Fortunately or not, however, we are made to learn from rubbing up against our frayed fellow human brothers and sisters. For all their faults (and mine) they help keep me accountable, not because God is not able, but because my own flaws can prevent me from correctly hearing God's voice. For all of that, I am glad to have read this, and glad for your conviction to write it.