The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 887 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved this. Kept my attention from start to finish. Thanks for sharing.
01/23/07
Very nice.
01/23/07
A very nice entry. I liked the story. There were some very well written lines and you communicated your message well. A couple things I might suggest is that the opening is kind of slow. You don't get long to grab a readers attention. Maybe something about that "kiss" or a parents reaction to it would have worked a lil better.
Also, I didn't realize that the MC (main character) was the dad until toward the end of the story. I was reading it as Mom. You needed something a lil earlier telling us who "I" is.
Very good entry though. Look forward to reading more from you. God bless.
01/25/07
I enjoyed this very much! Congratulations on your placing!!
Congratulations on placing 2nd!

This story meant sooo much to me because I too have a sixteen year old daughter going through similar things.

Your piece was a comfort to me knowing that God is in control of writing her love story.

It sends shivers up my spine just thinking about it and it is a comfort to me.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me and everyone else who read it.

You're a wonderful writer. Keep sharing!
01/26/07
Congratulations! Your story was delightful and inspiring for a mother of four. Thanks!