The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1078 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Good for you. Hurrah! There is only one thing missing, and that is the love of Jesus in this situation. Very good. Keep writing.
07/30/06
This has a lot of possibilities but, for now, there is really nothing that speaks of our faith or our Savior. For example, maybe she summons up a memory of her worth as a child of God, just enough to get the strength to walk out. Just a hint that she knows she is worth more than this.... If I were him I wouldn't hit a child of the King! Keep writing! You show great potential!
08/01/06
Your poem does a great job of capturing the feelings of an abuse victim. Consider working on the rhyme pattern: sometimes you rhymed the 3rd and 4th lines, and sometimes the 2nd and 4th. That plays a bit with your readers' minds; we don't know what to expect next.

Very moving and sad poem, with an absolutely authentic voice.
08/01/06
Very touching, realistic, and I love that fact she left!
08/01/06
This is full of raw emotions! Wow - I felt her pain. Great job!
08/02/06
Hey Rebekah, you know I can't do poetry worth anything, but the comments above made sense. :) I really liked the raw emotion there, but I, like others, wished there was some hint at hope. The goal would be to do it without being preachy... Great job! Glad you're writing again, glad you're sticking around! Keep up the good work!
08/02/06
I found this extremely well done. even the chopy rhyming made it interesting, and kept me pealed. The emotion shown was great, with vivid discription over all. Taking such a heated moment and making it poetic was hard, but you did a great job. True with more words you could have led her to seeking the Lord, but as I see it, that was not needed for the poem at hand. Great job Kiddo..
The writer's anger comes through in the short strong meter and makes the reader feel more present in the emotions of the scene.