The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 850 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/22/06
Very interesting twist at the end. I thought they were little girls (flower girl age) until the very end, and was trying to figure out why little girls walking with the bride would ruin a wedding. But then I read the twist. You mention the mom once. I think you could improve on the story a bit if you brought the mom back into it and told what she was thinking when the girls got up and walked down the aisle with her daughter. I like the message this sends. Seems like it could be a good illustration for a youth group, or even premarital counseling.
07/23/06
I liked the refreshing, innovative style of this, learning how everyone was feeling. However, I was troubled by the girls coming up like that. Many people think they have found "the one," only to find she/he wasn't. He was noble not to marry each one and take them for a test drive! Too many people take marriage too lightly. This man didn't jump into it, for which she should be glad. She should look at them and say, "Your hearts weren't the match made in heaven for this man. Mine was." End of story!
07/25/06
I liked this a lot...would really be a great discussion starter for teens. One spelling I noted: fabic, not fabrice. I found this powerful and thought-provoking.
I enjoyed the story. I agree with Marilee. The man was honourable enough not to marry any of the girls.The bride should count herself lucky to be the chosen one.It was still her day after all.
I thought this could almost apply to the Bride of Christ. We have so many other loves. Each demand a tiny bit of us until the Lord gets the leftovers. I enjoyed this story very much.

One thing that somewhat detracted was the paragraph dividers. If you could find a way with your words to flow from one section to another, it might be better.

I could see this article as a discussion starter for a group studying chastity or purity. Or maybe for an adult group studying their individual relationship to the Lord. Great job! Loved the description of the bride's joy in your opening.